Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Founded by gallery owners in 1970, Art Basel is a driving force in supporting the role that galleries play in the nurturing of artists and developing and promoting the visual arts.
Art Basel is seeking for our office in Basel, Switzerland as soon as possible an elevating and inspiring personality for a maternity cover as
Deputy Editor ad interim (temporary assignment - maternity cover until end of May 2022)
Job ID 419
- Working with the Executive Editor, strategize all content marketing campaigns, including topics, contributors, and various stakeholders
- Ensure the content is published on time and to standards
- Co-lead video production, from concept to publication; manage video budget
- Coordinate Art Basel Live video social media asset production, manage and execute onsite
- Oversee and execute longer-format video interviews with artists, collectors and other Art Basel stakeholders
- Working with the Social Media Team, contribute to the development and execution of social-first video assets
- Working with the Partnership Team and ensure that the contracted content is delivered on time and to standards
- Deputize for Executive Editor ad interim as and when needed
- Design briefs, manage production, and provide detailed feedback for Art Basel videos.
- Manage relationships with subjects, including feedback rounds.
- Lead video interviews.
- Manage video publication, and all admin tasks necessary to ensure a smooth run during pre- and post-production.
- Manage deadlines
- Ensure the budget is respected and kept up to date.
- As above for all written and video content produced for partners.
- Suggest ideas for, commission, edit, and upload content on Art Basel's website.
- Copy-editing/ proofread.
- Manage writers and sub-editor.
- Write content as and when needed.
- Assemble, edit, and send promotional newsletters as and when needed.
- Oversee style consistency (according to Art Basel's Style Guide).
- Execute all admin tasks necessary for the good running of Art Basel's content marketing production.
A minimum of five years' experience working at a similar level in a comparable environment.
- Track record of managing moving image and text-based output (as managing editor or similar role).
- In-depth knowledge of the contemporary art world and its markets.
- Excellent editing skills and attention to detail.
- A collaborative spirit, flexible approach to work, and the ability to work to short deadlines.
- Familiarity with different CRM systems, Office suite, as well as MailChimp. Basic Photoshop skills desirable.
- Position ideally based in Basel for duration of contract.
- English native speaker a must, second language (particularly German or French) desirable.
- The MCH Group is a leading international live-marketing company with a comprehensive services network spanning the entire exhibition and event market
- We develop traditional trade fairs to modern platforms and communities.
- Our exhibition portfolio includes around 90 own and guest exhibitions, and we complete around 1800 projects worldwide each year
- Our nearly 700 colleagues are active all over the globe
What to expect? Flexible working hours, a modern infrastructure, good social security, appealing benefits and a dynamic environment. You will find more information on the MCH Group here.
We stand for passion, professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, agility and trustworthiness. Does that hold true for you too? Then we look forward to receiving your online job application.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Mr. Stevens Moser, Head of Talent Acquisition, email@example.com. Please upload your application through this page. Applications by e-mail won't be taken in consideration. Thank you very much.