Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Founded by gallery owners in 1970, Art Basel is a driving force in supporting the role that galleries play in the nurturing of artists, and developing and promoting the visual arts. The recently launched Art Basel Cities initiative highlights local art scenes and facilitates international collaborations, and develops cultural events with international resonance.
Conversations program manager/ digital editor
Conversations Management (75%)
- Ideate, develop and execute the Conversations program for the shows in Basel and Miami Beach, in close collaboration with external advisors, executive editor and Art Basel directors.
- Manage all aspects (organizational, technical) of the program development process for the Conversations program in Basel and Miami Beach
- Develop, write, edit and upload conversations-related copy (promotional/organizational) for Art Basel website
- Manage Conversations YouTube channel
Digital Editor (25%)
- Manage and write content for Art Basel's website and app, in close collaboration with Executive Editor and editorial team
- Master of Arts degree
- native English speaker plus one further language
- min. 5 years of art-related experience, with experience of managing talks programs/ symposia/ conferences in an art world context
- Background in art journalism preferred
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills with the ability to uphold journalistic standards as well as brand and style guidelines
- Ability to work within custom CMS environment and manage web content
- Strong communication and organization skills, team player
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Entitled to work in Switzerland (the position is based in Basel)
- The MCH Group is a leading international live-marketing company with a comprehensive services network spanning the entire exhibition and event market
- Our exhibition portfolio includes around 90 own and guest exhibitions, and we complete around 1800 projects worldwide each year
- Our nearly 1000 colleagues are active all over the globe
What to expect? Flexible working hours, a modern infrastructure, good social security, appealing benefits and a dynamic environment. You will find more information on the MCH Group here.
We stand for passion, professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, agility and trustworthiness. Does that hold true for you too? Then we look forward to receiving your online job application.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Claudia Kessler, HR Business Partner.