Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Founded by gallery owners in 1970, Art Basel is a driving force in supporting the role that galleries play in the nurturing of artists, and developing and promoting the visual arts. The recently launched Art Basel Cities initiative highlights local art scenes and facilitates international collaborations, and develops cultural events with international resonance.
We are looking for a flexible and dynamic person to join our Art Basel team in Hong Kong as:
Partnership Manager Asia
- Partner acquisition: Sales & negotiation, formulation of partnership proposals and contracts
- Strategic long-term planning for revenue maintenance and growth, development of monetization strategies in tandem with local and global colleagues
- Strategic development of partner benefits and presence at the show and online
- Successful client relationship management and key account management
- Execution of effective strategy (locally and in concert with global counterparts)
- Contract and benefits fulfillment
- Project management
- General support to partners regarding show processes and procedures, and local advice
- Management of partner activity from concept to execution
- Collaterals management (print, digital and onsite signage) where related to partners
- Operational management related to partner activations onsite: regulations, logistics, buildout, permitting, etc.
- Post show reports and debriefs
- Financial controlling where related to partners
- Ensuring continuity/consistency of services for global partners
- Coordination among multiple department touchpoints where related to Partner communication or activation (Marketing, PR, Digital, VIP, Operations, Galleries)
- Task allocation and management of Partnership Assistant
- Contribution to New Business initiatives projects where required
- Bachelor required (Arts Administration, Marketing/Communications or related field), Master preferred
- English fluency, Cantonese and/or Mandarin preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in: Sales, marketing and/or partnerships in a relevant industry
- Regional knowledge: Demonstrated experience working in and with companies in Asia, specifically East Asia and in a global environment
- Demonstrated success in project management and/or event management
- Technology: Established knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, basic database software (CRM systems)
- Digital and social media. Demonstrable knowledge and experience in social media, overall digital fluency
- Characteristics: Confident, quick learner, independent, fast, highly motivated, optimist, 'can do' person, problem solver who takes initiative. Highly organized, able to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel periodically, work overtime and abroad as needed
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge and interest in visual arts
- The MCH Group is a leading international live-marketing company with a comprehensive services network spanning the entire exhibition and event market
- Our exhibition portfolio includes around 90 own and guest exhibitions, and we complete around 1800 projects worldwide each year
- Our nearly 1000 colleagues are active all over the globe
What to expect? Flexible working hours, a modern infrastructure, good social security, appealing benefits and a dynamic environment. You will find more information on the MCH Group here.
We stand for passion, professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, agility and trustworthiness. Does that hold true for you too? Then we look forward to receiving your online job application.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Alessandro Pizzoferrato.