Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Founded by gallery owners in 1970, Art Basel is a driving force in supporting the role that galleries play in the nurturing of artists and developing and promoting the visual arts.
Art Basel is seeking for our office in Basel, Switzerland as soon as possible a talented and initiative personality for a maternity cover as
Senior Media Relations Manager (temporary assignment – maternity cover until end of June 2022)
Job ID 418
- Develop and implement the media campaigns for Art Basel's special initiatives, including the OVRs (Online Viewing Rooms), The Art Basel Podcast and AMR (Art Market Review)
- Lead on the Communications for Art Basel Live, Art Basel's digital initiative amplifying its physical shows to a global audience
- Support the Global Head of Content and Communications in delivering Art Basel's global communications strategy
- Collaborate with Art Basel's PR agencies on a daily basis
- Help manage Media Relations Assistant
- Work closely with other departments to coordinate PR activity and gather content for individual projects and initiatives
- Draft press releases and oversee distribution strategy
- Support Global Head of Content and Communications with crisis communications as needed, including drafting of reactive statements and Q&A's
- Nurture existing relationships with key international journalists and work to proactively place stories about Art Basel's projects in the media
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Arts Management, Art History or similar desirable
- 5+ years of working experience in the arts or cultural sector, ideally within Communications/PR
- Strong interest in the arts and media
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong administrative and office management skills
- Willingness to work overtime or weekends in the run up to a fairs
- Ability to work flexibly and manage a large number of varying projects simultaneously
- Friendly and open personality with good people skills
- Native proficiency in English, German skills are an asset (both written and spoken)
- The MCH Group is a leading international live-marketing company with a comprehensive services network spanning the entire exhibition and event market
- We develop traditional trade fairs to modern platforms and communities.
- Our exhibition portfolio includes around 90 own and guest exhibitions, and we complete around 1800 projects worldwide each year
- Our nearly 700 colleagues are active all over the globe
What to expect? Flexible working hours, a modern infrastructure, good social security, appealing benefits and a dynamic environment. You will find more information on the MCH Group here.
We stand for passion, professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, agility and trustworthiness. Does that hold true for you too? Then we look forward to receiving your online job application.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Mr. Stevens Moser, Head of Talent Acquisition, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please upload your application through this page. Applications by e-mail won't be taken in consideration. Thank you very much.