Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Founded by gallery owners in 1970, Art Basel is a driving force in supporting the role that galleries play in the nurturing of artists and developing and promoting the visual arts.
Art Basel is seeking (either for our office in Basel, Switzerland an inspiring and open-minded personality as
- Implement Art Basel digital strategy and develop Art Basel digital ecosystem in full collaboration with Art Basel leadership, MCH CTO and CDI team
- Develop digital business models for Art Ecosystem
- First priorities to set up Digital Marketplace and to develop further OVR (are just functionalities of digital Art Platform)
- Develop digital layer for physical Art platforms (customer journey)
- Ensure business model integration between live platforms and digital platform
- Create new digital revenue streams and develop existing ones for Art Basel with new services for galleries, partners and collectors.
- Build, shape and manage a digital transactional platform with the objective for Art Basel to be a leading player in the art market.
- Lead the launch and management of the transactional platform and manage all teams, 3rd party developers and stakeholders associated with the project
- Coordination across Art Basel's global team to optimize customer journey and achieve business objectives throughout all digital assets
- Implement Art Basel digital strategy, within budget requirements, in close collaboration with Art Basel Executive Committee, Management Board and all relevant stakeholders within the MCH Group.
- Develop existing Art Basel services and products by ensuring that all business processes are optimized through customer-focused digital solutions
- Position the marketplace platform as the leading e-commerce platform in the art market
- Leverage data and insights to deploy digital marketing tactics, driving traffic and conversion rates
- Analysing SEO, KPIs and metrics in relation to the launch of the marketplace
- Setting goals for various topics as content, CRM, SEA, SEO, and SMA considering quality, deadlines and budget
- Creating and conducting analyses of our community's customer journeys to ensure that the platform experience (including content) meets the different community requirements
- Ensuring all business processes are optimized through customer-focused digital solutions
- Ensure the constant improvement of the existing Art Basel services and products and seek to create and develop new digital services.
- Ensure the marketplace platform sees rapid and sustainable commercial growth, supports the core Art Basel fair business and positions itself as a leading commercial digital platform in the art market.
- Identify marketplace issues, making recommendations for improvements.
- Be fully responsible for the overall product delivery of the marketplace from management to control.
- Leverage business analytics to maximize sales and profit performance
- Understanding and defining user needs based on market research, customer visits and business data
Leadership & Collaboration
- In this position you are part of the Executive Committee of Art Basel
- Engaging and building relationships with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to launch successful marketplace products and features
- Develop, reinforce and manages the Art Basel Marketplace Team in terms of training, performance management, recruitment and development
- Building an international team that accelerates the launch and development of the marketplace
- Implementing efficient and effective project management for all tasks leading to the launch and development of a marketplace product
- Working with internal marketing team and managing external agencies to maximize performance.
- Support to manage budgets, monitor and report digital KPIs
- University degree in Business Administration, IT, Physics/Math, Economics or Innovation field or similar education
- Minimum 10 years of strong digital commerce experience, with experience in commercial platforms and digital product development
- Proven track record of launching digital product solutions with an international focused industry
- Experience in product development or platform product management is required
- Strong leadership and management Skills and minimum 5 years experience in leading and managing teams.
- Strong digital marketing skills and experience.
- Previous experience in an agile environment
- Entrepreneurial driven mindset
- Digital Marketing skills (best practices, tools and analytics)
- Deep know-how of technological capabilities for digital commerce and services including capabilities like access, payment and handling of transactional models
- The MCH Group is a leading international live-marketing company with a comprehensive services network spanning the entire exhibition and event market
- We develop traditional trade fairs to modern platforms and communities.
- Our exhibition portfolio includes around 90 own and guest exhibitions, and we complete around 1800 projects worldwide each year
- Our nearly 700 colleagues are active all over the globe
What to expect? Flexible working hours, a modern infrastructure, good social security, appealing benefits and a dynamic environment. You will find more information on the MCH Group here.
We stand for passion, professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, agility and trustworthiness. Does that hold true for you too? Then we look forward to receiving your online job application.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Mr. Stevens Moser, Head of Talent Acquisition, email@example.com. Please upload your application through this page. Applications by e-mail won't be taken in consideration. Thank you very much.