Art Basel is the leading global platform connecting collectors, galleries, and artists. Art Basel's fairs in Basel, Hong Kong, and Miami Beach are a driving force in supporting galleries as they nurture the careers of artists. Our publications The Art Market and the Art Market Principles and Best Practices are a commitment to increasing the transparency and accountability of the art market. Initiatives, including Art Basel Cities and the recently announced Art Basel Inside, strive to create unique artist-led experiences and strengthen local art scenes.
Art Basel stages the world's premier modern and contemporary art shows, held annually in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong. Founded by gallery owners in 1970, Art Basel is a driving force in supporting the role that galleries play in the nurturing of artists and developing and promoting the visual arts. The recently launched Art Basel Cities initiative highlights local art scenes and facilitates international collaborations, and develops cultural events with international resonance.
Art Basel is seeking a highly reliable, dynamic, and proactive person to join the Marketing Team in Art Basel's New York office as a:
Global Social Media Manager
Reporting jointly to the Global Head of Marketing & Communications and the Executive Editor, this role is responsible for guiding the strategic planning of objectives, goals, and content across all channels; for developing unique and engaging content franchises, voice, and innovative strategies to elevate and differentiate Art Basel content, engagement, and reputation within the key social channels.
This position is a full-time role with an ideal start date of March 16, 2020
Work is conducted from the New York office in collaboration with our HQ in Basel, and on-site from our shows in Hong Kong, Basel, and Miami Beach
• Set vision and lead best-in-class strategy, content and creative in all key social channels for Art Basel to drive awareness, traffic, and engagement both online and off
• Develop and execute innovative campaigns and related content for live social media marketing campaigns in connection with our three global shows, in addition to new product launches and developments, across all social channels in partnership with Editorial, Creative, Digital Platforms, Business Initiatives, and Sponsorship teams
• Ensure all content strategies are timely, thoughtful, and goal-aligned and that all posts are accurate, punctual, on and on-brand
• Grow and engage our organic social audiences; partner with internal teams and external specialists to help refine and define paid social strategy
• Direct and manage analytics and performance tracking; report on relevant KPIs to key stakeholders
• Provide support and clear communication to the leadership across teams on current initiatives while ensuring work is creatively outstanding and meets all proposed objectives
• Identify art, community and influencer trends and insights to inform the creation of content that will engage at scale
• Serve as an artworld thought leader, channel expert and social media advocate for Art Basel internally and externally
• At least 8-10 years of experience crafting and managing social media either for a brand or in an agency setting
• Keenly aware of the intricacies of social media platforms and the algorithms that govern them, and have experience optimizing content across channels
• Project and team management – can handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently, motivating and organizing a team of direct reports and peers on creative campaigns
• Highly capable of writing effective, social-first copy for social media content across channels
• Creative, innovative, and meticulously detail-oriented
• Have a passion for art and regularly engage with the art world in person and online. An art-related degree is a plus
• Experience implementing, optimizing, and managing paid campaigns across platforms
• Experience with photography, photo/video editing, and/or social graphics
• Use of social tools and platforms: Socialbakers, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, etc
• Bachelor required (Arts-related, Marketing/Communications, or other comparable fields preferable)
• English fluency
- The MCH Group is a leading international live-marketing company with a comprehensive services network spanning the entire exhibition and event market
- We develop traditional trade fairs to modern platforms and communities.
- Our exhibition portfolio includes around 90 own and guest exhibitions, and we complete around 1800 projects worldwide each year
- Our nearly 1000 colleagues are active all over the globe
- A valid U.S. Work permit is mandatory
- Please provide with your CV a sample of your work (links to websites, etc.)
What to expect? Flexible working hours, a modern infrastructure, good social security, appealing benefits and a dynamic environment. You will find more information on the MCH Group here.
We stand for passion, professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, agility and trustworthiness. Does that hold true for you too? Then we look forward to receiving your online job application.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Susi Kenna, Digital and Social Media Manager.